Not too long ago I made a post about pre-approved credit cards with no hard pull on your credit report using the shopping cart trick. If you don't know what this trick is, let me explain.
This "shopping cart trick," allows consumers to apply for a credit card without a hard-pull on their credit report. For those of you who don't understand this, having too many inquiries or "applying for credit," is not good for your credit. In fact, the more inquires you have, helps determine your credit score and too many inquiries will definitely bring your score down. It makes potential lenders question if you are trying to get multiple lines of credit because of financial problems and you plan on using these cards to "rob Peter to pay Paul."
The way this works is easy:
You visit an online store and put one or two items in your shopping cart. When you begin to check out, a pop up will appearing offering you "x" amount of credit. You will be asked to put in your address and the last four digits of your social.
You don’t need to actually purchase anything at the store you use this trick. Once your application complete, you can back out of the page or abandon the shopping cart without making an actual purchase.
Now here are a few things to keep in mind:
1) This trick only works with Comenity Bank credit cards, the list of which is extensive and will be shown below.
2) To increase your chances of getting approved, make sure your name and address match your credit report, i.e. 123 Main St or 123 Main Street
3) You will have to provide the last four digits of your social security number.
4) One store may work while another may not.
5) Because the inquiry is not a hard pull, bankruptcies and charge-offs are often not seen, thus increasing your chances for approval.
6) Do not do too many in one day. You may want to clear your browser history before each attempt.
7) This trick does not work for everyone.
8) The limits are often low, but it will allow you to get your foot in the door.
Lastly, if you have or have had credit problems in the past, please use your credit responsibly. Running up credit card debt can get you into a world of trouble. Try to only get cards for places where you actually shop, and always pay more than the minimum payment if you cannot pay off your bill in full each month.
Try it out and see for yourself:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- Ann Taylor
- Bath & Body Works
- Brylane Home
- Coldwater Creek
- HSN (You must to go to the every end of the check out process before it’ll appear)
- Jessica London
- King Size Direct
- New York & Company
- One Stop Plus
- Overstock (while it does ask for your full SSN, it should still be a soft pull). This card usually gives a nice high limit and automatic credit limit increases are regular.
- Sportsman Guide
- Total Rewards (reports of it not working on the new flashed base site, I’ve linked to the old site)
- Victoria Secrets
- Woman Within
Most people find Victoria Secrets one of the easiest cards to get using this method, I’ve also had a lot of success with Overstock as well.
If you've tried the shopping cart trick and it has worked for you, please share your experience.